Question : (TCO 4) Deming claimed that higher levels of _____ lead to higher levels of _____.
2. Question : (TCO 4) Which of the following is the primary reason for Deming’s position that slogans should be eliminated?
Most problems depend on the system and cannot be controlled by workers.
Slogans benefit customers more than workers.
Not all workers can read the slogans.
Slogans are costly to maintain and periodically update.
3. Question : (TCO 4) Deming was virtually unknown in the United States until the broadcast of a program entitled “If Japan Can … Why Can’t We?” When did this broadcast occur?
4. Question : (TCO 4) Two U.S. consultants who worked with Japanese managers during the 1950s to improve the quality of Japanese products were which of the following individuals?
Crosby and Deming
Juran and Crosby
Crosby and Feigenbaum
Deming and Juran
5. Question : (TCO 4) Meeting quality goals during operations is which of the processes of Juran’s Quality Trilogy?
6. Question : (TCO 3) ISO 9000 recertification is required every _____.
7. Question : (TCO 3) The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award was established by which of the following?
Several American automobile industry executives
The American Society for Quality (ASQ)
An act of Congress
The Baldrige Consulting Group
8. Question : (TCO 3) The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award serves several purposes, except _____.
to recognize the achievements of high-quality companies
to establish guidelines and criteria for evaluation of quality-improvement efforts
to provide detailed information on how award-winning enterprises achieved success
to encourage the use of quantitative analysis to improve quality
9. Question : (TCO 3) Over the years, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria have been improved to include all of the following shifts in emphasis, except _____.
from quality assurance and strategic quality planning to broad focus on process management
from a focus on current customers to a focus on current and future customers and markets built on long-term relationships
from human-resource administration to high-performance work systems
from intraindustry rivalries to intraindustry alliances
10. Question : (TCO 3) The criteria for the Canadian Awards for Excellence are most similar to which of the following?
American Society for Quality Control Award
Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
ISO 9000 certification program
Question : (TCO 4) Match the following:
: Juran’s definition of quality is
: Higher quality leads to
: Institute training is
: Variation is
: Theory of knowledge is part of Deming’s profound knowledge and
2. Question : (TCO 3) The aligned approach of the Baldrige Award is designed to achieve what results in what three areas?
3. Question : (TCO 4) What are two of Deming’s 14 points?
4. Question : (TCO 3) What are two of the five objectives of ISO 9000?
5. Question : (TCO 3) Briefly explain how there are no losers in the Deming Prize process.
6. Question : (TCO 4) Deming’s Point 3 is: Understand inspection. Briefly explain what Deming means.
7. Question : (TCO 4) Briefly explain Juran’s Quality Trilogy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more