HSC3002 – Environmental Health
NO Plagiarism, NO Copy / Paste, Please – Include References
Please READ the instructions and answer the questions throughout. You must be up to date with environmental issues and events.
*Please keep same layout—DO NOT DELETE THE QUESTIONS*
*IF IT HAS A QUESTION MARK IT NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED*
*Please DO AS EACH BULLET SAYS*
If you would like to make your own layout you can, but please keep questions!
* Do Not Inquire If You Do Not Know What You’re Talking About! *
Week 1 – Question 1:
1. What are the laws that were in effect, or should have been in effect, at the time when the environmental issue occurred?
Recent Environmental Issues versus the Environmental Health Laws
The media are replete with examples of environmental issues exposing us to health risks. The growing concern of environmental issues is the reason why the environmental health laws, such as CAA and CWA, were introduced in the 1970s. There have been several amendments throughout these years.
Research on examples of the following topics:
· On the basis of your research and understanding of the topic, answer the following questions:
Week 2 – Question 2:
2. What do you think is the impact of these events on the communities where they occurred?
Environmental Epidemiology and Health Hazards
Environmental epidemiology is the primary scientific discipline that establishes exposure-disease relationships in environmental health. For example, epidemiologists determined that exposure to asbestos causes mesothelioma. This is one example of chemical agent leading to health hazards. Other environmental hazards, such as air and water pollution, have been linked to adverse health outcomes.
Research on the following topics:
· On the basis of your research and your readings and understanding of the above topics, answer the following questions:
· What do you think is the impact of these events on the communities where they occurred?
Week 3 – Question 3:
3. Explain the association between exposure to pesticides and health effects?
Health Effects of Exposures to Pesticides
Pesticides have a broad application, including their use in occupational and nonoccupational settings. Many pesticides have been linked to adverse health effects, and as a result, have been banned from use.
Research on episodes of exposure to pesticides that caused adverse health outcomes in humans. Choose one episode and respond to the following questions:
· What are the health effects that the pesticide exposure caused in humans?
· What are the steps that could have been taken to prevent the adverse health outcomes from occurring?
· What are the changes required in the existing law that could discourage the reoccurrence of such exposures?
· Apart from law enforcement, what are the other ways to prevent future occurrences of such episodes?
Week 4 – Question 4:
4. Discuss the association between environmental pollution and hazards to aquatic life?
Environmental Hazards Due to Polluted Air and Water
Many environmental hazards, such as air and water pollution, have been linked to adverse health outcomes not only in humans but also in aquatic life.
Research on episodes in which environmental pollution caused hazards to the aquatic environment. Choose one episode and answer the following questions:
Week 5 – Question 5:
5. What is the intended impact of food safety–related law on your local (Georgia) community?
Safety of Food from Carcinogens:
The Office of Food Additive Safety (OFAS) at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) of FDA is charged with, among other responsibilities, regulating industry to ensure that food contact substances and food additives are safe.
Research on major regulations related to food safety. On the basis of your research, answer the following questions:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more