Answer in complete sentences
Chapter Lecture Activity
1. Explain Erikson’s stage of Identity vs. Role Confusion. How can you identify with this stage (either currently or in your past)?
2. Explain Erikson’s stage Intimacy vs. Isolation. How can you identify with this stage?
3. What is Emerging Adulthood? What are some factors that have contributed to this new stage of development? Do you agree with its addition? Why or why not?
4. Read the article and review the material within this link https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-eye-contact-baby-synchronise-brainwaves.html
5. Write a summary of all of the material within the folder you choose. Write from a scientific perspective. Do NOT include personal feelings or religion. (300 words minimum)
6. In addition to your summary, use the following sentence stems to write this portion.
I did not know …
I was surprised to learn …
It is amazing that …
7. Using information discussed in your text, explain why using concrete rewards to increase adaptive behaviors could be disadvantageous for children who are intrinsically motivated to learn.
8. Explain the importance, as you see it, of knowing that sexual motivation and sexual ability are located in different parts of the brain. What can we do with this knowledge?
9. The index that is often used to classify people as belonging to various weight groups is called BMI. Give that BMI is calculated solely on weight and height how could it be misleading? What are some implications (in medical and insurance fields, for example) of using this measure. What type of measure might be better?
10. Follow the link “Motivation and Needs Assessment” and click “Take the test” (this should take less than 30 min) https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/tests/personality/motivation-needs-test
11. Copy and paste you snapshot report
12. Did your results surprise you? Do you agree with the results? Why or why not? Explain what you think the results mean? (minimum 200 words)
13. For each of the three attitude items below, indicate your response on a scale of 1 to 5
(1=strongly disagree; 5=strongly agree).
1.Poverty in our country is a serious problem.
2.Pollution is one of the biggest issues confronting today’s world.
3.Freedom of speech is one of the most important rights that we have as Americans.
14. Answer the following:
a.Do you personally do anything to lessen poverty in our country (e.g., donate money to a shelter or charitable organization)? Why or why not?
b. Do you personally do anything to lessen pollution (e.g., vote for “green” political representatives, support recycling in your community, make fewer trips in your car)? Why or why not?
c.Do you personally exercise your freedom of speech (e.g., actively participate in town meetings/protests, vote in every election for which you are eligible, write to your congressional representative)? Why or why not?
15. Decide which of the following is an act of aggression (please read in your text about aggression and what an actual “act” of aggression would be):
•A wolf kills a rabbit and eats it.
•A person thinks about different ways to hurt a co-worker but never does anything.
•A father is upset with his son and chooses not to send to him a birthday card on his birthday.
Tell me why.
16. Attitudes have 3 components: cognitive, affective, and behavioral. Come up with a central idea (such as “I love chocolate cake.”) and then describe each of the three components (that is, identify the cognitive aspect, identify the affective aspect, and identify the behavioral aspect).
17 . Follow the link “Implicit Associations Test,” read the “preliminary information” page and click “I wish to proceed” at the bottom. https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
18. Choose one of the associations located on the left side of the screen. Complete the IAT (this should take 5-10 min)
19. Which association did you choose? What were your results? Do you feel this is accurate? Why or why not?
– What is the difference between stereotype and prejudice?
– Have you ever been stereotyped, either positively or negatively? Tell me about it
THE TEXTBOOK IS PSYCHOLOGY
AUTHOR- ROSE SPIELMAN
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more