Assignment 4: Emerging Auditing Issues
Search the Internet for hot topics and emerging issues of financial statement fraud and other fraudulent act committed by publically traded companies, including those identified by the PCAOB. Consider the topics, trends, and longevity of those issues identified.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Create an argument in agreement or disagreement that the creation of the PCAOB has been effective with improving the reliability of audited financial statement for the public users of the information. Provide support for your position.
2. Assess the impact of the PCAOB to the accounting profession, given the shift from self-regulation to federally regulate. Provide a rationale for your assessment.
3. Evaluate whether or not the PCAOB should issue additional regulations regarding the responsibility for corporate officers and auditors of financial statements, indicating the resulting impact to financial statement integrity. Provide support for your rationale.
4. Determine the impact that SOX regulation has on the internal control environment. Speculate on the level of testing necessary to provide assurance of completeness and accuracy for CEOs to certify the company’s financial statements. Provide support for your rationale.
5. Assess how the System Design Life Cycle model would impact the emerging issue. Provide support for your rationale.
6. Recommend a strategy for dealing with the emerging issue and determine the types of fraud schemes that might go undetected if your recommendations are not implemented. Provide support for your recommendation.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more