1. Practitioners that have specialized training in the musculoskeletal system are called
A. occupational therapists.
B. physical therapists.
C. rehabilitation specialists.
2. The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 was mandated under the
A. Office of the Inspector General.
B. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
C. Medicare Act of 1965.
D. Affordable Care Act (ACA).
3. Which one of the following responsibilities is handled by a health information manager?
A. Communicating lab results to doctors
B. Creating employee work schedules
C. Maintaining records related to a patient’s diagnosis
D. Posting employee job openings
4. What is the major reason for establishing National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs)?
A. To improve health care outcomes and ensure patient safety
B. To make laws or rules within institutions
C. To find mistakes within an institution
D. To create a regulatory agency
5. A health care manager is overseeing a health care facility. What action can the health care manager take
to promote a positive working environment and improve patient outcomes?
A. Allow health care workers to arrive when their personal schedules permit
B. Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration
C. Encourage health care workers to skip their breaks to save the facility money
D. Allow health care workers to come in to work when they’re sick
6. Patty has completed the occupational therapy aide program at Penn Foster. This means Patty’s scope of
practice may include
A. assisting client to regain the skills of activities of daily living (ADL).
B. calling prescriptions in to a local pharmacy.
C. taking blood pressure.
D. compounding non-sterile mixtures.
7. Heat, water, sound, and ultrasound procedures are often administered by
A. dental assistants.
B. nurses aides.
C. medical assistants.
D. physical therapy aides.
8. What term is used to refer to the process of communicating with people from different health care
A. Professional coarctation
B. Interprofessional or interdisciplinary collaboration
C. Health care interdisciplinary communication
D. Peer-to-peer review
9. Which one of the following statements indicates that a medical assistant understands his or her scope of
A. “I’ll assist the pharmacist in non-sterile compounding.”
B. “I’ll assist the doctor in procedures and exams when asked to.”
C. “I’ll provide clients with only contact lenses when the doctor has given the patient a prescription.”
D. “I’ll prescribe medications only when the doctor is on vacation.”
10. Which one of the following statements indicates that an individual understands how health insurance
A. “Because of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), I don’t need to apply for health care insurance.”
B. “Because I work in a hospital, I’m eligible for Medicaid coverage.”
C. “Because I’m 60 years old, I can get Medicare coverage.”
D. “Because my father served in the military, I’m eligible for TRICARE insurance.”
11. What is the purpose of Medicare?
A. Provide coverage for people age 65 and older
B. Provide coverage for children
C. Provide coverage for people with lower incomes
D. Provide coverage reimbursement for patients who are terminally ill
12. Identifying key beliefs and cultures is a/an
A. professional characteristic of a health care worker.
B. element of becoming culturally sensitive.
C. component of nursing treatment in the ICU.
D. necessary for the administration of religious rites.
13. Which of the following statements about diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) is correct?
A. DRGs are a method to “group” Medicare payment based on certain classifications.
B. Doctors prescribe DRGs to patients.
C. DRGs are a device used by medical transcriptionists.
D. A medical coder doesn’t need to consider DRGs when filing insurance claims.
14. Respecting each patient’s individuality is inherent in the health care
A. Code of Ethics.
B. TRICARE Privacy Agreement.
C. HCFA Privacy Guidelines.
D. Medicaid Confidentiality Statement.
15. A patient undergoing hospice care
A. has an occupational injury that requires rehabilitation.
B. is in recovery due to substance abuse.
C. is being monitored after surgery.
D. has a terminal illness.
16. Which one of the following services would be provided at an ambulatory care center?
A. Treatment for terminally-ill patients
B. Diagnostic testing
C. Supervised exercises to help restore physical functions
D. Pain relief techniques
17. John works in a hospice facility. What is the mission of hospice care?
A. To provide supportive treatment and alleviate pain for patients who are terminally ill
B. To provide treatment to restore the patient to optimal health
C. To provide physical and occupational therapy
D. To cure the patient
18. What is the purpose of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)?
A. To determine the scope of practice for health care workers
B. To protect doctors against malpractice suits
C. To protect and enhance the privacy of the patient
D. To ensure health care workers’ safety on the job
19. Which one of the following statements about the responsibilities of medical billers and coders is
A. They use three code sets: ICD, CPT, and HCPCS.
B. They play a minor role in health care reimbursement.
End of exam
C. They create documentation required for reimbursement from only third-party payers.
D. They should not examine patient records.
20. Which one of the following health care workers would be employed to provide services at a
A. Louisa, a medical coder
B. Maria, a speech pathology assistant
C. Patrick, a pharmacy technician
D. Jim, a health information manager
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more