Although natural gas is currently inexpensive and nuclear power currently (and perhaps deservedly) does not have a good reputation, it is possible that more nuclear power plants will be constructed in the future. Table 4 presents data concerning the construction costs of light water reactor (LWR) nuclear power plants. The dependent variable, C, construction cost, is expressed in millions of dollars, adjusted to a 1976 base. Preliminary analysis of the data and economic theory indicate that variation in cost increases as cost increases. This suggests transforming cost by taking its natural logarithm.
S Power plant capacity in MWe
N Cumulative number of power plants built by the contractor
1. Build a multiple regression model to predict ln(C) by taking S and N or their natural logarithms as the independent variables. Make sure to check for multicollinearity.
2. Use residual analysis and R2 to check your model.
3. State which variables are important in predicting the cost of constructing an LWR plant, and
4. State a prediction equation that can be used to predict ln(C).
Data Concerning Construction of Light Water Reactors
(Please find table 4 in the attachment)
1. Need to have at least 1 peer-reviewed article as the reference and textbook as the reference
2. Need in-text citation
3. Please find the attachments as the power points of the course for reference.
4. Textbook Information:
Bowerman, B., Drougas, A. M., Duckworth, A. G., Hummel, R. M. Moniger, K. B., & Schur, P. J. (2019). Business statistics and analytics in practice (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill
5. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment
6. Please provide your work in detail and include in-text citations.
7. Please find Table 4 in the attachment
8. Please find the attached 2 excel files as the sample of the activity
9. Need to use data analysis method of “Regression” in the excel
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more