For this discussion, take a look at the following reading:
By Wednesday, respond to each of the following questions (at least 25 words each). By Sunday, offer response posts to at least two classmates’ posts (at least 50 words each).
1. What is the main purpose of writing this article? What is the historical impetus? What according to Orwell does “bad usage” lead to?
2. According to Orwell, how are images used in writing? (Also notice how does Orwell uses images in this article.)
3. Orwell offers a “modern translation” of Ecclesiastes in this article. What is wrong with the modern translation? Provide ample examples.
4. Why is Orwell particularly interested in prose style? What might it mean to him?
5. What are the four main criticisms Orwell develops against modern writing? Provide an explanation and discuss the importance of each. How is each related to his professed aim in this article?
6. At the end of the day, what seems to be the most important thing to Orwell? How do you know? (Provide ample textual evidence.)
7. What is problematic about the use of the word ‘democracy’ during Orwell’s time? Elucidate. Is it still a problem?
8. Do some of the points and criticism made by Orwell overlap with what we have gone over in class? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more