1. What is the “Myth of the Lost Cause’? And, explain: who, why, and how, was this myth created sustained.
2. Define “Confederate Culture.” What are the symbols associated with this culture? What groups were responsible for this tradition? What were their objectives.
3. What aspect of American history does the author NOT discuss in the book and why?
4. Who was the UDC? Who were its members? Why did they become members? And, how did the group evolve?
5. How does Cox characterize the “New Man?” Be sure to discuss: motivations, goals, and these men differed from their fathers.
6. Describe how women’s organizations were able to commit to monument building and fundraising? What kind of monuments did they desire?
7. Describe the concept of “benevolence” as it relates to the UDC and the Progressive Era.
8. Discuss and describe the UDC’s views on history and how they spread their ideology. What were their views on education?
9. Explain and discuss vindication and reconciliation as it relates to the UDC. Be sure to include specific examples.
10. According to Cox, how did the views of the UDC, and by extension, the South, change and then challenge the Civil Rights Movement?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more