Discussion 9: Shakespeare
Discussion 9 is DUE on 4/21/17 and CLOSES on 4/26/17.
After reading Chapter 8, The World of Shakespeare (pp. 168- 203) in Theatrical Worlds, submit your initial response to the following 6 question prompt by 11:00 p.m. on 4/21 and 2 replies (as described below) by 11:00 p.m. on 4/26 in your team’s Forum entitled “Discussion 9: “Shakespeare” (linked below).
This is worth 20 pts.- [See the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric in the Syllabus and as an attachment to this Forum topic].
The purpose of this discussion is to investigate the history and significance of William Shakespeare and his plays as they were written to be performed.
1. What did you learn about William Shakespeare that you did not know before? Be specific.
2. How did the culture and time in which Shakespeare lived and wrote affect his life and the plays he wrote and produced? Be specific.
3. What influences has Shakespeare had on the world of theatre over the centuries?
4. After watching the 2 video excerpts below of Shakespeare’s comedies, Much Ado About Nothing and Taming of the Shrew, what choices do the actors make vocally and physically that enhance your understanding of the language used?
Much Ado About Nothing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkmSIy8PayY
5. After watching the video excerpt below from one of Shakespeare’s tragedies, King Lear, what do you think about the contemporary production concept?
“King Lear: Nothing will come of nothing”
6. Why do you think William Shakespeare is considered, “the greatest writer and dramatist in the English language” (Fiebeg 168) ?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more