Choose one of the following sample argument essays written by past EN 104 students:
For your initial post Analyze the essay by answering five of the following questions:
1. A strong introduction gets the reader’s attention and states the thesis. How effective is the introduction in the essay? Explain.
2. Background information sets up the argument so the reader and writer both have a similar understanding of the topic. Background information can include definitions, history, explaining the significance of the topic, or addressing underlying assumptions. Which type of background information was included in the essay? How effective was the background information in the essay? Explain.
3. The main points in a classical argument should all support the thesis statement, and evidence should support each main point. Were the main points and evidence strong enough to make a convincing argument in the essay? Explain.
4. In a classical argument, the author identifies and refutes opposing views. Did the essay effectively consider and respond to counterarguments?
5. In an academic argument essay, the style and tone is more formal than personal writing but still clear and readable for a general audience. Find an example in the essay of a strong academic style or tone. Copy and paste the example here and explain why you think this a good example of academic tone.
6. Strong arguments use ethos (credibility), logos (logic), and pathos (emotion) to persuade the reader. How effectively did the essay establish ethos, logos, and pathos?
7. Respond to the author of the essay. Do you agree or disagree with his or her argument? Give specific examples from the essay that were particularly convincing or unconvincing.
8. What can you learn from analyzing the model essay? What will you do in your argument essay that the author of the model essay did?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more