1. Two $20 bills, three $10 bills, four $5 bills, and six $1 bills are placed in a bag. If a bill is chosen at random, what is the expected value for the amount chosen?
2. In a game you flip a coin twice and record the number of heads that occur. You get 20 points for 2 heads, 5 points for 1 head, and 5 points for no heads. What is the expected value for the number of points you’ll win per turn?
3. Consider a box with gift cards inside. The gift cards amounts are as follows: 10 gift cards with the amount of $5 each, 7 gift cards with $10 each, and 5 gift cards with $25 each. Find the expected value for drawing a gift card from the box.
4. “ Wheel of Fortune” just got a new wheel! On it, there are 12 slots worth $200, 8 slots worth $400, 5 slots worth $600, 6 slots with no money, 1 slot with $5000, and 1 slot with a car worth $25000.
a. What are the expected winnings on one turn (cash and prizes)?
b. If you get 12 spins, what are your expected winnings?
5. In a game, you roll a die. If you get a 1, you would win $50. If you roll a 2or 4, you win $30, and if you roll a 3, 5, or 6 you lose $25. What is the expected value of one roll of the die?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more