After reading Ethics for Dummies, by Panza & Potthast, chapter 6, provide written answers to the following questions. Please give complete answers in complete sentences.
1. What is virtue ethics, and how does it differ from other approaches to moral philosophy?
2. What is a virtue? What does it mean to be virtuous?
3. Contrast virtue, continence, incontinence, and vice.
4. What is phronesis, and why is it important to virtue ethics?
5. What is eudaimonia, and how is it connected to virtue?
6. What is a telos, and how is it relevant to virtue ethics?
7. What is the human good, according to Aristotle?
8. What are the three parts of a human soul, and which one is uniquely human? Given this insight, to what conclusion was Aristotle led regarding the proper function of a human being?
9. What is the human good, according to Confucius?
10. What is ren, and how is it central to Confucian ethics?
11. What is meant by saying that virtue is the middle path? Explain, using a specific virtue as an example.
12. Can virtue be taught? What did Aristotle and Confucius think?
13. What is a moral exemplar? Why are exemplars important in virtue ethics?
14. What knowledge problems are entailed by virtue ethics?
15. Why do some people object that virtue ethics is self-centered?
16. How does virtue involve luck, and why might this fact be a problem for virtue ethics?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more