Kant’s Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals, provide written answers to the following questions. Please give complete answers in complete sentences.
1. According to Kant, what is the only thing which can be considered good without qualification, and why?
2. What argument from human nature does Kant provide to establish that happiness is not the end of human life?
3. How does Kant contrast actions contrary to duty, actions in accord with duty but done from inclination, and actions done from duty? What is Kant trying to establish about the moral worth of action, and what is the argument?
4. How does Kant interpret the biblical command to love one’s neighbor and even one’s enemy?
5. What does Kant mean by “duty”? What is the difference between duty and prudence?
6. What test does Kant propose to determine whether a proposed course of action is consistent with duty? How does this test follow from his concept of duty?
Second half of questions same topic:
Why, according to Kant, can the concept of duty he has sketched not be derived from experience?
Why, according to Kant, can morality not be derived from examples? Why, for instance, is the example of Jesus Christ not sufficient?
What is the difference between what Kant calls the practical good and the pleasant, and how is this distinction relevant to the concept of an imperative?
What is the difference between hypothetical and categorical imperatives? What are the two kinds of hypothetical imperatives and how are they distinguished?
What is Kant’s first formulation of the categorical imperative (the formula of universal law), and how does he arrive at it?
What four types of duties do Kant’s four examples illustrate, and how does each of them demonstrate the application of the categorical imperative in its first formulation?
What is Kant’s second formulation of the categorical imperative (the formula of the end-in-itself), and how does he arrive at it? How does each of Kant’s four examples demonstrate the application of the categorical imperative in its second formulation?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more