Group Discussion in D2L – Week 3
Read Green (2012) and fill out the family construct grid in relation to Green (2012) located in Module 2. Please note, the grid is only to guide your
thinking and discussion posts. Please post your grid and any relevant commentary about which family nursing concepts seem most pertinent.
The focus for this week is the Fault in Our Stars book discussion by John Green. I am providing the following list of questions to jump start the book
discussion. You don’t need to answer all of the questions. This is meant to be a free-flowing conversation, and I expect each of you will add your
questions throughout the discussion.
Each of you can tell us how you experienced the book and pick one of the questions below to answer if these help focus your thoughts.
1. John Green uses the voice of a teenage girl to tell this story. Why do you think he choose to do this? Was it effective? How would it have
been different if he had told the story from a different voice? How does voice relate to family nursing practice?
2. What does the title, Fault in Our Stars, mean?
3. How would you describe the two main characters, Hazel and Gus?
4. How do Hazel and Gus relate to their cancer?
5. At one point in the book, Hazel states, “Cancer books suck.” What is she really meaning?
6. How do Hazel and Gus change, in spirit, over the course of the novel?
7. Why is “An Imperial Affliction” written by Peter Van Houten Hazel’s favorite book?
8. How many of you looked to see if, “An Imperial Affliction” was an actual book?
9. What do you think about the author Peter Van Houten?
10. Why it was so important for Hazel and Gus to learn what happens after the heroine dies in the An Imperial Affliction?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more