Unit 3 Homework Assignment (ACC303 Intermediate Accounting)
E 3–11 Disclosure notes
Hallergan Company produces car and truck batteries that it sells primarily to auto manufacturers. Dorothy Hawkins, the company’s controller, is preparing the financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2024. Hawkins asks for your advice concerning the following information that has not yet been included in the statements. The statements will be issued on February 28, 2025.
1. Hallergan leases its facilities from the brother of the chief executive officer.
2. On January 8, 2025, Hallergan entered into an agreement to sell a tract of land that it had been holding as an investment. The sale, which resulted in a material gain, was completed on February 2, 2025.
3. Hallergan uses the straight-line method to determine depreciation on all of the company’s depreciable assets.
4. On February 8, 2025, Hallergan completed negotiations with its bank for a $10,000,000 line of credit.
5. Hallergan uses the first-in, first-out (FIFO) method to value inventory.
For each of the above items, discuss any additional disclosures that Hawkins should include in Hallergan’s financial statements.
*Analysis Case 3–9 Balance sheet information
Real World Financials
Target Corporation prepares its financial statements according to U.S. GAAP. Target’s financial statements and disclosure notes for the year ended February 1, 2020, are available in the Connect library. This material also is available under the Investor Relations link at the company’s website (www.target.com).
1. Does the company separately report current assets and long-term assets, as well as current liabilities and long-term liabilities?
2. Are any investments shown as a current asset? Why?
3. In which liability account would the company report the balance of its gift card liability?
4. What method does the company use to depreciate its property and equipment?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more