Discussion Post 5
This discussion post is two parts and you must complete BOTH parts to receive full credit.
Ageism is proof that no stage of life is immune to the harshness of stereotyping, even old age. In fact, the elderly are prominent targets for negative attributes—regarding their driving, understanding the latest technology, and even just thinking and communicating. Imagine living a full and substantial life only to be reduced to a negative generalization by people less experienced and less wise than yourself!
Be honest!! Write about your ageist thoughts. Consider the following questions:
· In what ways do you view elderly people in general?
· How often do you find yourself frustrated when behind them in line at the grocery store, or predicting someone who is driving poorly is old?
· Do you think that ageism is a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed in society, or is it just a “politically correct” concern?
· How might such stereotyping effect those in late adulthood?
· How might your own responses to such generalizations have affected an older individual?
· Are there any positivegeneralizations about older people that are embraced in our society?
· What are the different cross-cultural attitudes towards society’s elders?
Read through the different policies related to late adulthood at the following link. Focus on the following areas: Long-Term Services & Support, Older Americans Act, Federal Budget, Health Care, and Elder Justice.
Take a moment and really think about one day having to face these aspects in your own life and answer the following questions:
· What issues really move you now?
· What policies do you feel very strongly about for those you know who are currently in late adulthood?
· What social problems make you angry and why?
· Which ones make you fearful of facing when you reach this stage of life?
· What issues are of the least concern for you?
· What could you do personally now as someone not in that stage of life to make an impact on the lives of elderly people?
Thinking about your answers to PART 1, have your views changed since reading about the different policies that affect people in late adulthood? Why or Why not?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more