Static Equilibrium and Fluids
1. A street light is supported by two wires and each makes a different angle from each other. The one on the left is 32 degrees and the one on the right is 43 degrees. Find the tension in each wire if the street light has a mass of 60.0 kg.
2. There are three masses m1 = 2.0 kg, m2 = 5.0 kg and m3 = 7.0 kg. The mass are all affixed to a massless rod of length 15cm. m1 and m3 are at the ends and m2 is 10 cm from left where m1 is. Calculate the center of mass of the system.
3. A pair of hedge trimmers are 45 cm long from the pivot to the end of the handles. If the person applies of a force of 15 N on each handle and the blades are 3.5 cm long, how much force is applied to the branch?
4. A 245 kg person lays on board that is supported only on the ends and that has a mass of 12.0 kg. If the person and the board are both 205 cm long and the person’s center of mass is 38 cm from the left side, what is the force on either side where the board is supported?
5. A large tank of water is full and has a depth of 10.0 m. What is the pressure at the bottom of the tank? What would the velocity of the water be if the tank was opened at the bottom?
6. A Two balloons of identical volume (radius 11.5 m) are filled with gas. The first with helium, the second with hydrogen (H2) gas. Each balloon and cage have a mass of 750 kg. What is the lift created by each one? Which one lifts better?
7. A irregular piece of metal has a dry mass of 5.7 kg. Once it is submerged it has an apparent mass of 2.4 kg. What is the density of the piece of metal?
8. If water leaves a tank of water at a velocity of 16.7 m/s, how tall is the tank?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more