In the Euro Disneyland case study (p. 257 in the textbook),
many of the issues Disney had from the start related to cultural challenges expanding into France. Using Hofstede’s four cultural dimensions as a point of reference, how would you make the following decisions using the Business Problem Solving Model in the course content?
1. Discover-Identify the problem: What were two of the three main issues described in the case that were problematic?
2. Investigate-Gather information to define the problem: What were the cultural challenges posed by Disney’s expansion into France?
3. Brainstorm-Produce Alternatives: In your opinion, how could Disney have resolved these issues?
4. Implement-Put the best solution into effect: Of your alternatives, which one do you think would work out best? Why?
5. Review-Assess the effects of the solution: Based on Disney’s experience, what are the lessons the company should have learned about how to deal with cultural issues when expanding? Describe each.
should meet the following requirements:
· Use a standard sample format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion).
· Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
· I would like to see more depth for the question
· Responses must be submitted as a MS Word Document only, typed double-spaced, using a standard font (i.e. Times New Roman) and 12 point type size.
· Plagiarism All work must be free of any form of plagiarism.
· Written answers into your own words. Do not simply cut and paste your answers from the Internet and do not copy your answers from the textbook
Chapters 4 & 5 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
“In-Depth Integrative Case Study 2.1a: Euro Disneyland” (p. 257) in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
Kotler, P., Manrai, L., Lascu, D., & Manrai, A. (2019). Influence of country and company characteristics on international business decisions: A review, conceptual model, and propositions. International Business Review, 28(3), 482-498.
Sobol, K., Cleveland, M., & Laroche, M. (2018). Globalization, national identity, biculturalism and consumer behavior: A longitudinal study of Dutch consumers. Journal of Business Research, 82, 340-353.
Botone, D., & Grama, B. (2018). Cultural dimensions of openness as a personality factor. Cross-Cultural Management Journal, XX(2), 139-145.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more