Step 1: Individual Critique Paper
Using the instructions below, you will analyze an assigned article.The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate your skills with critical thinking.
First, skim read the article assigned to you and make notes. Next, carefully read the article and consider your responses to the following questions.
In your paper answer the following framework for critical thinking. These questions are designed to help you think critically about the reading:
1. The main purpose of this article is:
(State as accurately as possible the author’s purpose for writing the article)
2. The key question that the author is addressing is:
(Figure out the key question in the mind of the author(s) when s/he wrote the article)
3. The most important information in this article is:
(Identify the facts, experiences and data the author is using to support his/her conclusions)
4. The main inferences/conclusions in this article are:
(Identify the key conclusions the author comes to and presents in the article)
5. The key concepts to understand in this article are:___________. By these concepts the author means________
(What are the important ideas you would have to understand to fully understand the author’s line of reasoning)
6. The main assumption(s) underlying the author’s thinking is (are)
(What is the author taking for granted)
7. If we take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are:
(How could an HR manager apply the author’s findings? What could he/she do?)
8. If we fail to take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are:
(If an HR manager did not take this line of reasoning seriously – what could be the implications?)
9. After reading the article imagine you are an HR manager and you have time to ask the author three questions. What three questions would you ask and why and how would you respond? In what ways do you want to continue the conversation? Include in your analysis reference to TWO more academic articles and ONE more industry article to support your responses.
1,000 words to answer questions 1 through 8 and 500-600 words to answer question 9.
Paul, R., & Elder, L., (2007). The miniature guide to critical thinking concepts and tools. (pp. 13) Foundation for Critical Thinking Press
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more