The intent of a qualitative interview is to encourage, elicit, and illuminate the interviewee’s experience in rich, thick detail. Consider that most interviewees will only have a general idea of your research goals and the depth you need for analysis. Therefore, your presentation of the interview questions and engagement with the interviewee are the tools that guide the process.
As you consider your interview, think about:
• Asking of questions to ask to encourage stories and examples
• How to “reframe” questions to reduce ambiguity and bias
• What you can do to make the interviewee at ease
• What you can do to build rapport and trust
For this Discussion, you will examine the characteristics of a good qualitative interview.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the chapters of the Rubin and Rubin course text and consider the characteristics of a good qualitative interview.
• Review the Yob and Brewer interview questions in Appendix A at the end of the article and consider how interview guides are used in research.
• Review the Interview Guide Instructions and the Interview Guide Example found in this week’s Learning Resources and use these documents to guide you during your interview.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more