Forcefield Energy Inc. is a public corporation registered in the State of Ohio to provide heavy-duty and aeroderivative gas turbines for utilities, independent power producers, and industrial applications for customers in the United States. The primary goal of the company is to maximize stockholder wealth by making financial and investment decisions that would increase cash flows and stock price. Last year, the company’s stock price fell by 12% because of cash flow uncertainties, competitive markets, and unethical actions. The board of directors of the company has hired Joseph Sabatino, MBA to head the corporate finance department. Sabatino graduated from UC in 2016 with a master’s degree in Strategic management. He has worked in the energy sector for 5 years and has experience in capital markets and financial institutions. To achieve the stated wealth maximization goal of Forcefield Energy, Sabatino has suggested to the board of directors of the company to expand its operations outside the United States to diversify risk, increase market share, and improve free cash flows. Forcefield Energy wants you to help them answer the following questions:
1. Explain free cash flow and its relevance to Forcefield Energy.
2. Explain to the board three properties of the company’s cash flows that would likely help to increase the firm’s value.
3. Forcefield Energy Inc. is a corporate legal entity created under Ohio laws, separate and distinct from its owners. List three advantages and two disadvantages of a corporation as a form of business organization.
4. Agency problems and conflict of interest occur in corporations. What is an agency problem? What is corporate governance?
5. Is the primary goal of maximizing stockholder wealth good or bad for the society at large? Explain.
6. List four examples of unethical actions that could harm the stock value maximization goal of a business organization.
7. Identify three attributes that Forcefield Energy Inc. should have to be successful as a corporation.
8. i). Why is corporate finance important to the success of Forcefield Energy?
ii). What financial skills should Sabatino have to help Forcefield Energy achieve its stated goals?
9. Joseph Sabatino, the head of the corporate finance department, is planning to raise $10 million from the financial market to expand the business operations. Identify four major financial instruments that can be used to raise the needed long-term capital.
10. Explain to the board of directors four economic conditions that can affect the cost of money raised from the financial market.
Submit your answers in a Word document.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more