Assessment Task Individual Written Case Analysis / Report Word Count: 3,000 words
For this assignment, you have a choice between two cases related to the module’s core Grant textbook. You must choose ONE and do a written individual case analysis, in the form of a management report, which addresses the questions detailed below relating to your chosen case. All questions carry equal weight.
Case A: HAIER GROUP – Internationalisation Strategy
1. What are the main features of Haier’s internationalisation strategy since the early 1990s and how does it differ from the pattern of internationalisation typical of Western enterprises?
2. How successful has Haier’s internationalisation strategy been and why?
3. What are the principal features of Haier’s management system and how do they differ from those traditionally deployed by Western companies? What lessons might be drawn by a) other Chinese companies and b) by Western enterprises?
Case B: WL GORE & ASSOCIATES – Rethinking Management, Motivation & Innovation
1. What are the distinctive features of WL Gore’s organisation and management and to what extent do they represent an approach based upon identifiable management principles?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of WL Gore’s approach to organisation management, employee motivation and organisational innovation?
4. To what extent is the WL Gore approach transferable to other companies? And if it is, to what types of companies and why?
1. In support of your analysis you should draw on material and references from all your MBA modules, as well as make sure to read the relevant chapters in Grant’s textbook.
2. It is recommended that you identify which strategy and management concepts will enable you to analyse the case. These will help you see the company in a broader context, rather than simply focusing on the company and the case material.
3. Key to success will be to think and write strategically. Don’t get lost in detail. Analyse the case material then add value through comment and opinion as you discuss the questions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more