In this assignment, you are a consultant making data supported recommendations to a client who desires to meet a specific profit goal (income after tax). You will :
1. Create your own original EXCEL file with price and cost data from the case, separately showing all variable cost items (costs that vary with the number of units produced) all fixed cost items (costs that are incurred independent of the number of units produced) , and the client’s current price per UNIT and number of UNITS sold.
2. In the same Excel file, create a contribution income statement, using the format in the case, (i.e., showing price x units sold (revenue), variable costs x units sold (total variable costs), contribution per unit and total contribution; total fixed costs. income before and after tax.
3. Calculate breakeven units at current price
4. Calculate the revenue required to meet income target after tax (profit)
5. First decision: Raise price? Calculate the price per unit needed to reach the required income target (keeping the current volume of units sold). Explain why this might or might not be a good choice.
6. Second decision: Increase volume? Calculate the units to be sold (volume) under current pricing in order to reach target income. Explain why this might or might not be a good choice.
7. Determine whether it is best to adjust price or volume in order to reach the client’s target income Compare the options and explain the rationale for your choice
8. Prepare a narrated PowerPoint presentation to your client, summarizing your findings, your comparative analysis and your recommendations. The narration should thoroughly reflect the logic of your analysis and will be evaluated based on the quality of this “written” communication. (See the below instructions on how to prepare a narrated PowerPoint presentation.
Refer to the PowerPoint presentation below, “Jewelry Case Hints” for specific guidance through your analysis.
Submit your Excel file in your assignment folder: that contains the above analyses. Title your file, “Excel case week 4.”
Submit your PowerPoint presentation in your assignment folder and title it “Presentation to Client, week 4
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more